Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Where in the world is Laurie Smith?

I was intrigued by an recent article titled "Trading Spaces: Where are they now?". Years ago, I became addicted to the Trading Spaces TV show. I could not wait to tune in to see what outrageous design "surprise" was awaiting the homeowner. At the time, there was nothing like it on TV and the quirky personalities of the designers were just so very entertaining. One particular designer named Laurie Hickson-Smith was my favorite because I could relate to her clean modern design style with warm southern touches. So, I did a little research on her and I found out that she is still designing. She has also published a book entitled: Discovering Home with Laurie Smith where she showcases her gorgeous mid-century home. Proof that she has not lost her talent!








article: Apartment Therapy