Friday, December 18, 2015

Last minute decorating ideas

I always wait to the very last minute to decorate for the holidays. My all-time favorite question is... "Is your tree up yet?" (I'm being sarcastic) and my reply is the same every year,"I like stressing myself out so I usually wait until the day before Christmas!" (more sarcasm!). My tree is up but the rest of the house needs some serious decorating. So, next week, I will be making a mad dash to my storage unit to pick out a few holiday decorations for display. I'll be putting it all together just in time for arrival of guests and then sleeping the day after! In honor of procrastination, here are a few quick last minute holiday decorating ideas....

  Pinecones sprayed with mercury glass paint. Wood bowl from Pottery Barn (photo: PB)
 
 This is the cutest idea ever! Upside down wine glass with miniature snow scene.
I would suggest doing this for table setting. (photo/idea: HGTV)
 
This would make a great centerpiece. Limes with cherries skewed to florist ball.
Fresh fruit and fresh tree trimmings are my favorite decorating accessories for the holidays
(photo/idea: Architecture Art Design)

Who knew? Dollies and wooden skewer sticks make adorable white trees!
(photo/idea: 36th Avenue)