Monday, January 1, 2018

On trend for the new year

I'm happy to report that some of the 2017 design trends will still be popular going into 2018. Vintage mid-century furniture is still instyle. Brass and gold accents will keep going strong throughout 2018. Greens and pinks are still popular. Here's a brief summary of what's hot....

Mixed metals are definitely in style. It's not uncommon to see chrome mixed with
brass in 2018.This is a great example of a "mixed metallic" living room from ZGallerie.


Green is the new black. From olive to sage, greens are making a big comeback.
They also complement the popular pastel pinks and blues well. So, if you are thinking of painting a room a new color, check out the greens. I'm thinking this trend will last awhile.


Colorful Trim in in. I've been seeing this for awhile now with
Designer Showcase homes. I think it will finally go mainstream.


High Contrast colors will be very popular in 2018. The black and white theme is going strong. I love this trend! Black adds sophistication to any color scheme. I especially like to pair it with pastels.


Check out this wallpapered ceiling by Kelly Deck Design. Statement ceilings are
back in style. I am seeing more ceilings painted in bold colors or wallpapered.