Thursday, October 22, 2015

Dorothy Draper meets Chairish for a drink!

Dorothy Draper was a famous style icon who was known for mixing bright colors with black and white patterns. If Draper were still alive today, I am positive that she would highly approve of Chairish, a website that features stylish vintage furniture and home accessories. Chairish asked me to design a style board featuring one of their many fabulous vintage bar carts. I chose this Hollywood Regency style cart with faux bamboo railing because it reminded me of one of my favorite designers, Dorothy Draper.
https://www.chairish.com/product/163887/hollywood-regency-brass-faux-bamboo-bar-cart
Chairish has so many great items to choose from....mirrors, rugs, vases, glassware, etc. that it was difficult to decide which items would make my board. After narrowing down the selection, I came up with the board below. I decided to design a bar area using pops of bright colored bar accessories complemented by the black/white pattern of the rug, lamp and vase...I think Dorothy would approve!

 From Draper's style to Mid-century Modern, Chairish has the best selection of vintage furniture, decor, jewelry and accessories. It's a wonderful site for on-line treasure hunting!