Friday, October 2, 2015

(Sale)ing away


I have decided to close The Brushed Bureau by the end of this month. My lease expires on Oct. 31 so I have made the decision to move on to something new. It's been a great decade of learning all about the world of retail! I started this business in 2004 in Gastonia, NC at The Garibaldi House with 2 friends. Then decided to move out on my own, so I rented a space in Downtown Pineville, NC. Business was slow in Downtown so I went to Blacklion and became successful overnight. Thank goodness I was persistent and stuck it out! I eventually branched out to multiple spaces in Blacklion stores. Also, rented spaces in Flutterby Interiors, Shoppes at River's Edge and Young's Garden Center. My point is that I found a career that I loved and believed in myself until I became successful! However, after 11 years of painting furniture, buying and merchandising product, I am ready for a change. Not sure exactly what that change will be, but I'm looking for my next step. As far as the store goes, everything is on sale right now....lamps, chandeliers, accessories, etc. If you get a chance, please stop by and check us out before the end of the month! We will surely miss all of our wonderful customers...thank you for all your support!!