Tuesday, August 23, 2016

I've got cabin fever!

I have a serious house crush on the 2016 DIY Network Blog Cabin! I usually do a post of the annual HGTV Dream Homes and I never enter my name to win the grand prize. However, this time, I will put my name in the drawing because this "Dream Cabin" is a combination of my two favorite things....the Florida Gulf Coast and repurposing vintage items. Here's a little preview of why I love this cabin...
 Arial view of the HGTV Cabin...its surrounded by trees and water


3 levels of outdoor living spaces which includes a volleyball court


Open modern floor plan with lots of windows connecting the outside with the inside


A separate bonus room that doubles as a guest house


Inside the guest house features an unique wood wall feature


 Lower level features lighting made from upcycled old metal tanks


Breakfast nook seating is built from restored mahogany boat.


Cypress tree re-used as a planter in entry way

For more info and additional pics of this awesome home, check out DIY Network.