Monday, September 12, 2016

Velvet in vogue

Have you noticed that velvet upholstered furniture is big again? Yes, the green velvet chairs from the 70s are back with a vengeance. I wasn't a fan during the 70s....probably because I was too young to appreciate design. However, I've had a change of heart with maturity and more design knowledge under my belt. I am loving this luxurious soft fabric especially when paired with certain home décor items. It offers a wonderful contrast to modern art and metallic accessories. Check out some of my favorites velvet furniture pieces below...

 Lime green tufted bench from Anthropologie

French style gray upholstered chair from Chairish

Pink sofa from Anthropologie


Blue ottoman/stool from Gilt

Green sofa from Ballard Designs

Pink tufted velvet club chair from Anthropologie