Saturday, January 7, 2017

Bunk beds...not just for kiddos

One of my most fond vacation memories was when we stayed in a bunk room. At first, I wasn't thrilled about climbing up a ladder to the top bunk, but I reverted back to childhood quickly....staying up late, giggling and laughing until midnight like a teenage girl! Bunks are not just for kids anymore! It seems like "bunk rooms" are increasingly popular these days. They are smart space saving ideas for guest houses and rooms. Don't be surprised to find a bunk room in your next vacation rental house. I've posted a few of my favs below....

A cute dressing room built under this top bunk by Lauri Howell Design

Love the built in desks on both sides of these double decker beds by Freshome

An awesome design of space incorporating a queen size bed on bottom bunk
by Exquisite Surfaces

Lanterns provide lighting for these bunks. Photo courtesy of Coastal Living